on June 9, 2017 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, DDI News
Downtown Dallas, Inc. is seeking a Communications Director to oversee the organization’s content creation, communications, media relations programs and community relationships. The position will be responsible for strategic planning including a communications program of work, as well as detailed execution of all related initiatives. The position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, and works hand‐in‐hand with the CEO, Marketing Manager, Economic Development & Planning Analyst, Member & Special Projects Manager and leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Digital content creation – produce short videos/podcast interviews with businesses, residents, members, entrepreneurs and organizations for blogs/social media/newsletters to help promote Downtown personalities and businesses. Strategically use content to elevate the perception and awareness of DDI as the go-to resource for all things related to Downtown. Work directly with CMO and Marketing Manager to ensure all content is distributed through appropriate communication channels including website.
- Media Relations ‐ Maintain positive relationships with all local, regional, national and trade media outlets. Coordinate press tours, generate pitches, draft news releases and media alerts and produce press Identify stories that could get ‘mention’ coverage, as well as bigger events and features that might warrant full-blown packages or write-ups. Help position DDI as the expert resource for Downtown development, investment, data, retail, etc.
- Community and Business Outreach – work with DDI leadership team to elevate individual profiles and feature expertise to help DDI reach our goal to become THE voice on urban issues in Dallas. Help frame our business-to-business story to include messaging aimed at executives and investors. Play a role in policy and governmental affairs work – help craft statements, positions and analyze issues. Maintain positive relationships with other organizations and like‐minded community partners through coordinated efforts, including communications surrounding the 360 Plan.
- Social Media ‐ Grow DDI’s social media presence and engagement by creating relevant and interesting content by seeking out stories about the events, residents, members and business entrepreneurs that have led to the revitalization and now thriving status of Downtown and the surrounding districts. Work directly with the Marketing Manager under direction of CMO to program and plan the social media calendar.
- Spokesperson/presentations – serve as spokesperson on various issues, participate in panel discussions and present to relevant audiences.
- Special projects ‐ Manage special projects/ “mini‐campaigns” aimed at communicating specific issues to different audiences and DDI stakeholder
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including public speaking skills and ability to communicate within all levels of organizations
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and best practices and CMS web site/blog management
- Media savvy, both traditional press and social media with an understanding of news cycles
- 10+ years technical broadcast and digital production skills
- Familiarity with (and passion for!) Downtown
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate stress level
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Some bending, crouching, stooping
- Ability to work nights & weekends, as needed
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR in the subject line. For more about Downtown Dallas, Inc., visit www.downtowndallas.com.
tags: Jobs See More Posts