on December 6, 2016 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, DDI News
The mission of the Downtown Dallas, Inc. Clean & Safe programs are to provide a well-managed and welcoming environment to stakeholders who frequent Downtown including; residents, building tenants, and tourists. The Clean Team ensures the Downtown public space and parks are clean and inviting environment for visitors, residents, and workers. The Downtown Safety Patrol provides a visible safety presence patrolling on foot and bicycle assisting the Dallas Police Department in addressing quality of life and crime issues.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the Clean Team and Downtown Safety Patrol programs by:
- Enhancing the perception and reality of a safe and clean Downtown
- Coordinating with Dallas Police Department and Crisis Intervention to help with quality of life issues
- Coordinate Clean Team personnel to address maintenance issues in Downtown Dallas
- Provide support for special events
- Provide direction and evaluation of Clean Team and the Downtown Safety Patrol program
- Monthly reporting for Board of Directors and stakeholders
- Management of budget and expenditure tracking
- Management of supply inventories
- Direct the Clean Team and Downtown Safety Patrol staff by:
- Coordinating recruitment and hiring of personnel
- Overseeing effective training for new hire personnel and refresher trainings for staff
- Ensure Clean Team and Safety Patrol officers are uniformed in a neat and presentable manner
- Develop and assign work schedules and deployment strategy
- Maintain records of tardiness, call-offs, and no shows
- Assess the need for employee discipline and implement when needed
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluation and employee rewards program
- Oversee the issue and maintenance of equipment; radios, bicycles, machines, vehicles, uniforms, etc.
- Attend meetings with Downtown business owners, managers, residents, and organizations
- Interface with City departments such as Sanitation, Streets, and DPARD
- Stay current on City of Dallas codes and ordinances
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
- Five years of work experience in project management, including supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good physical condition with the ability to pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician.
- Willing and able to walk, stand, and work in extremes of climate for an eight hour shift.
- Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends.
- Knowledge of the greater Downtown Dallas area.
- Bilingual ability is desirable.
- Pass criminal background and drug test.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this position, please send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line MANAGER OF CLEAN & SAFE. For more information on Downtown Dallas, Inc., visit downtowndallas.com.
tags: Jobs See More Posts