on February 24, 2016 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, DDI News
Downtown Dallas, Inc.
Planning and Economic Development Analyst
The Planning and Economic Development Analyst is responsible for informing data-driven planning, economic development, policy and programmatic decisions for Downtown Dallas, Inc. The position will stay apprised of current market trends, be nimble in utilizing available data, generate unique sources, and be able to synthesize information into strategic decision making and concise visual and written communication according to end-use and audience.
Work product from the Analyst also positions DDI as the “one-stop-shop” for developers, investors, new business and the media as the resource for valuable Downtown market information. It supports marketing and economic development efforts with the story of Downtown Dallas’ evolution and makes the case for positive ROI in the core of the city.
The position may also entail other data management and analytic roles pertaining to DDI’s program of work in the areas of public safety and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain databases. Perform scheduled updates and analyses of in-house DDI databases including: parking, transit use, apartments, residential demographics, condos, school enrollment, retail, developments, visitors, etc. This involves a multi-source approach to data collection and may include the creation of survey instruments.
- Write and help produce reports on data collected from various sources.
- Collect and analyze data and produce, a variety of reports.
- Create maps and analyze data using Geographic Information Systems
- Stay current on relevant types and sources of data available; obtain data from other organizations and research professionals as needed.
- Utilize on-line data resources.
- Assist with website maintenance in relevant program areas.
- Stay current on issues and trends affecting Downtown Dallas, other downtowns and cities nationally, tracking best practices and innovation in other markets.
- Fulfill internal and external special requests for information and short-term analysis (often lists, infographics, historical trends, or single figures) developed from in-house and outside data.
- Identify opportunities or need for new analysis within the DDI mission and help produce periodic specialized reports.
- Interpret data and participate in policy discussion/creation.
- Present data to stakeholder/community groups, DDI committees, the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Liaise with the City of Dallas, North Central Council of Governments, The Real Estate Council, Dallas Regional Chamber and other relevant agencies to gain resources and share research and information.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Experience and passion for urban redevelopment.
- Ability to research and analyze data and write/create professional and visually appealing reports/graphics
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- ESRI GIS proficiency.
- Proficiency with Google Earth and Google Maps.
- Familiarity with common data sources such as NAICS, American Community Survey and Consumer Expenditure Survey
- Training will be provided for use with current licensed resources: XCeligent and Buxton Scout
- Ability to create, manage and improve in-house DDI databases and design database-based analyses.
- Familiarity with real estate, demographic, census and other data sources and general internet-based research.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with members of the DDI team, DDI stakeholders, broker and research community, and City of Dallas staff.
- Self-motivated; ability to perform job independently.
- Expertise in statistical modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with the language of real estate and retail.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA/BS or higher degree in an analytical, quantitative methods field such as urban/transportation planning, architecture, landscape architecture, etc.
- 2-3+ years experience in a related field or industry.
Please email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
subject: Analyst – FIRST NAME LAST NAME
tags: See More Posts