on December 3, 2009 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, Clean and Safe, Things To Do
First there was the lighting of Neiman Marcus and unveiling of their windows…
Then we erected the largest holiday tree Downtown has ever seen…
Topped that off with a fire-ball throwing Santa…
Mother nature blessed us with snow flurries yesterday, and expect a few more tomorrow…
And now, this Saturday, December 5, it’s the Capital One Bank Adolphus Children’s Parade, hosted in Downtown Dallas for the 22nd year! More than 350,000 traditionally pour in to be awed, and with special guest Selena Gomez (star of Disney’s hit show Wizards of Waverly Place for all of my fellow Downtown DINK’s out there) and sunshine in the forecast, we’re anticipating record-breaking crowds.
DOWNTOWNDALLAS is also a proud parade sponsor, and for the third year in a row members of the Downtown Residents Council will be carrying our giant inflatable balloon in the line-up. Keep an eye out for Rudolph! AND WE ARE STILL TAKING BALLOON CARRYING VOLUNTEERS, so please contact Ariel at email@example.com if you are interested.
Other stuff you need to know:
- The Parade steps off at Market & Commerce at 10:00 a.m. But arrive early!! (Seriously, I’ve seen encampments as early as 4:00am!).
- The event is broadcast live on Channel 8.
- Street closures throughout Downtown begin at 7:00 a.m., so be prepared…and patient.
- A map of the route and street closures: www.childrens.com/parade/documents/2009-Parade-Route.pdf
- Parking tip…use CityPark – it’s only $2 bucks.
- Loads of other Parade info – www.childrensparade.com
Look for me at City Hall Plaza (another tip – it’s the best viewing area if you don’t have tickets!) and Ariel along the route holdin’ down that big ol’ balloon!
tags: See More Posts