Downtown Dallas, Inc. (DDI) continues to observe, listen, and respond to the needs and concerns of Downtown. The below highlights are enhancements to DDI services that have already been implemented.
PUBLIC SAFETY + HOMELESS OUTREACH
- Daily hours for DDI Security are from 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. We encourage residents, visitors, and those who work Downtown to download DDI’s See Say Now App to report quality of life concerns or to request security escort services.
- City of Dallas Park Department has increased their deployment of Park Rangers to provide additional patrols throughout Downtown parks.
- Homeless Outreach Team works six days per week to lead meaningful engagements with individuals experiencing homelessness. The Outreach Team is coordinating COVID-19 testing and vaccinations with the assistance of our Homeless Solutions Partners.
- We have launched the Homeless Fellowship Program by hiring an individual who is sheltered at The Bridge Transitional Unit as an independent contractor to join the DDI Street Outreach Team during engagements with shelter-resistant individuals.
- DDI continues to work with the City (including the Dallas Police Department) and surrounding neighborhoods to address street racing.
CLEANING + MAINTENANCE
- Daily hours for the Clean Team are 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Clean Team has added three new full-time positions.
- Clean Team continues to provide sanitization of high-touch items in the public space and parks such as tables, benches, playgrounds, and trash receptacles.
- DDI is providing funding to double the frequency of our power washing contractors’ efforts, and will be purchasing additional power washing equipment for Clean Team to begin utilizing on an on-call basis. As a reminder, DDI already provides over 250,000 square feet of power washing each month; this enhancement will ensure roughly 500,000 square feet of sidewalks are washed monthly. Pressure washing services are provided throughout Downtown with a focus on pedestrian corridors. Additionally, Clean Team began daily washing of hot spots as needed.
- DDI has purchased and installed 16 park rules signs at Pacific Plaza, Main Street Garden, Pegasus Plaza, and Belo Garden. Expect to see increased enforcement of park rules.
These are just a few of the enhanced services provided by DDI. As always, report issues as you see them right from your phone on the See Say Now app, available on Android and iPhone. You can also reach dispatch at 214.741.1151. Have ideas or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.