on August 28, 2020 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, Clean and Safe, COVID 19, DDI News, Parks and Public Space
Downtown Dallas, Inc. (DDI) continues to observe, listen, and respond to the needs and concerns of Downtown. The below highlights are enhancements to DDI services that have already been implemented or will be implemented next week.
PUBLIC SAFETY + HOMELESS OUTREACH
- Daily hours for the Downtown Safety Patrol are from 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. DDI is providing additional security coverage at Main Street Garden, Belo Garden, and Pegasus Plaza from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at each location (168 hours of weekly additional security presence).
- There is now a dedicated off-duty DPD officer at Main Street Garden daily (four-hour shifts / 28 hours per week). Also, DDI is providing additional DPD patrols and resources weekly in Downtown. As a reminder, DDI already funds off-duty DPD officers seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- City of Dallas Park Department has increased their deployment of Park Rangers to provide additional patrols throughout Downtown parks.
- Safety Patrol is adding 18 new full-time security professionals.
- Homeless Outreach Team has grown to three members (Manager, Coordinator, and Street Outreach Specialist). This team dedicates over 80 hours a week to meaningful engagements with individuals experiencing homelessness. Within the last 45 – 60 days, DDI’s outreach team has successfully connected 17 individuals experiencing homelessness to long-term service recovery programs.
- We have launched the Homeless Fellowship Program by hiring an individual who is sheltered at The Bridge Transitional Unit as an independent contractor to join the DDI Street Outreach Team during engagements with shelter-resistant individuals.
- DDI continues to work with the City, surrounding neighborhoods, and scooter operators to address concerns related to scooter operations throughout the area. DDI is hopeful that additional information regarding scooter operations will be communicated next week.
CLEANING + MAINTENANCE
- Daily hours for the Clean Team are 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Clean Team has added three new full-time positions.
- Clean Team continues to provide sanitization of high-touch items in the public space and parks such as tables, benches, playgrounds, and trash receptacles.
- DDI is providing funding to double the frequency of our power washing contractors’ efforts, and will be purchasing additional power washing equipment for Clean Team to begin utilizing on an on-call basis starting in September. As a reminder, DDI already provides over 250,000 square feet of power washing each month; this enhancement will ensure roughly 500,000 square feet of sidewalks are washed monthly. Pressure washing services are provided throughout Downtown with a focus on pedestrian corridors. Additionally, Clean Team will begin daily washing of hot spots as needed.
- DDI has purchased and is installing 16 park rules signs that are being deployed to Pacific Plaza, Main Street Garden, Pegasus Plaza, and Belo Garden. Expect to see increased enforcement of park rules.
These are just a few of the enhanced services you will see from DDI immediately. Stay tuned for more information on upcoming plans and enhanced programs next week! As always, report issues as you see them right from your phone on the See Say Now app, available on Android and iPhone. You can also reach dispatch at 214.741.1151. Have ideas or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
tags: See More Posts