on October 28, 2020 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, Clean and Safe
October 28, 2020
DDI is working closely with law enforcement, private security directors and neighborhood partners to prepare for potential unrest tied to the national election. We are unaware of any credible threats and local officials predict a peaceful election in Dallas. DDI will deliver accurate, real-time information and advocate for the highest levels of safety for all in our community. I am sharing with you an overview of information and guidance we have to date*:
- The Dallas Police Department is working with state, local and federal partners to support election site security and accessibility.
- All sworn Dallas Police personnel will be required to be in uniform and maintain a constant state of equipment readiness during the election period in case the need for an immediate response emerges. Response and Mobile Field Force Teams have been identified and are refining their training.
- The City of Dallas will activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- As a supplemental resource, we will increase the number of DDI Security officers per shift before, during and after Election Day and will be in constant contact with law enforcement. We will also continue the enhanced ENP (off-duty Dallas Police) program implemented last month and the DDI Clean Team will operate at maximum staffing.
- DDI will also continue providing real-time emergency response alerts via the DERT (Downtown Emergency Response Team) system, social media and emails, and collaborating with neighborhood and district organizations in and around Downtown. Please continue to utilize our dispatch at 214-741-1151 or the See Say Now app (on Android and iPhone) to report safety or maintenance issues to our field teams.
- If you are implementing preparedness strategies for your building/property, please share those plans with Martin Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can best coordinate all of our resources.
Many of you are understandably concerned about protecting your property, businesses, and employees. We encourage you to remain attuned to accurate information and have resources ready for activation. We do not want to create a perception of an “unsafe Downtown” by prematurely boarding or barricading property. We have worked so hard to reopen Downtown, maintain confidence in the market, ensure safety for our community, and allow the heart of our city to be the epicenter of peaceful public discourse for all. We can all continue to cultivate a positive environment.
To that end, you may have seen DDI’s recent “We Are Downtown” campaign, including pole banners, window graphics, and social media promotion, encouraging support of our businesses and inspiring community pride. Additional window graphics and signage are in production as we speak. We encourage you to work with our team to help spread this message.
All DDI management will continue to be active 24/7, communicating with law enforcement and private security, and remaining available to answer stakeholder calls immediately.
We can’t predict the future, but we can influence the outcome by being alert, prepared, and positive.
Thank you for your continued dedication to Downtown Dallas.
Together, We are Downtown.
*This message contains information that has been confirmed as of 10/28/2020. Please stay tuned to our communication channels for updates.
tags: See More Posts