on April 20, 2020 / by Downtown Dallas Inc. / in Blog Posts, Clean and Safe, COVID 19, DDI News
The Downtown Dallas, Inc. Field Operations Teams, the Downtown Safety Patrol and Clean Team, remain on the streets, working for our stakeholders, seven days a week during this difficult and unprecedented time. Keeping Downtown “clean and safe” is always our number one priority, and now it is more important than ever.
By nature of what we do, DDI has several tiers of emergency response plans. Though no one could predict what is happening in our world today, we have been able to quickly adapt with what we define as Tier 3 modified operations, which includes:
- Active patrols from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily. The dedicated off-duty Dallas Police officer funded by DDI is also patrolling Downtown 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. daily.
- Downtown Safety Patrol and Clean Team members working as one team, prioritizing tasks related to safety, cleaning, and sanitizing.
- Our teams are requesting compliance on social distancing and educating homeless individuals about resources and self-care.
- Utilizing our fleet of “gem cars” (carts), T3s, and vehicles to maximize coverage and visibility
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces, such as handrails, trash receptacles, non-removable public furniture, and door handles repeatedly throughout each day. Special care is being given at all of our Downtown parks.
- In accordance with City policy, we have removed all moveable furniture, turned off electrical outlets, locked dog runs, and wrapped drinking fountains to ensure everyone’s safety and encourage social distancing.
- We will continually monitor these hours according to data from activity logs, See Say Now app reports, field observation, and stakeholder feedback.
- If you need to report an issue related to cleanliness or safety, please call dispatch at 214.741.1151 or use the See Say Now app during these modified hours of 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- If an urgent issue arises outside of our operating hours, please direct needs to 911 or 311, as appropriate, otherwise we will prioritize response to overnight logs at the beginning of each shift.
For more information, please click here to see full information on DDI’s Field Operations Response.
tags: See More Posts